I am not Greek and I don’t have any Greek roots, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be in love (you can read “smitten”) for Greek food. I love Ancient Elada’s dishes, and I can’t wait for our next trip to a Greek island. Yeah, I love the sea, the sun, the food, history, the sweet air of the Mediterranean Sea and the easiness of life you can find there.
And this is why I don’t lose any moment and opportunity to get closer somehow with those lands…
Fish, herbs, roasted vegetables, thick yogurt, garlic and cucumbers are some of the beloved ingredients of a Mediterranean inspired dish and I used them to cook a light, easy, fast, healthy and delicious meal. And yes, we ate it in our baby garden 🙂
The main ingredients for this simple/sophisticated dish are Salmon, Tzatziki sauce and Broccoli, they go great all together and the whole meal is fast to prepare, ready in no more than 45 minutes.
1’st, the fish (how to do it)
1. Wash the salmon, rip the skin out, cut in medium portions, then add salt and pepper. Because one of the best ingredient for white meat is oregano (rosemary too, but I can’t stand it) I used it here. I wanted to make a herb crust for the fish, so I put the dry oregano on a plate and I trundled the fish in it, on all its faces.
2. Preheat the oven on 200 degrees (Celsius), wash some cherry tomatoes, cut some garlic in big chunks (or use it whole, with the skin).
3. In a covered pan (or clay pot) for oven, add 2 spoons of olive oil, the fish, the tomatoes and garlic.
4. Put the pot in the oven, let the fish cook, then add a half glass of white dry wine after 5 minutes.
You’ll have time for the rest, but don’t forget to check the fish to not get burn :).
(in the meantime wash the broccoli, and blanch it in boiling water with salt. Be careful not to over boil it cause it will become yellow, not green. When is ready take the broccoli out in ice cold water to keep the color)
2’nd, the tzatziki sauce (how to do it)
You’ll need for a big quantity: 3 medium, peeled cucumbers, 3 (or 4) garlic cloves, Greek yogurt (I used about 250 grams), salt, white pepper and olive oil (1 spoon)
1. Grate the cucumber, add some salt and let them rest for 5 minutes to take the water out
2. Mince the garlic in a bowl add salt and olive oil and rub them together.
3. Squeeze the water out of the cucumbers, add them in the garlic and olive oil’s bowl. Add the yogurt, put salt and pepper if needed and that’s it.
Yeah, I know it sounds complicated, but it is not and the result is D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S!