First time I ate Chinese chicken and vegetable noodles I found them a bit dry, but when I got used to them I developed a small obsession. Cause taste is a sense that might be educated, right?
Laurentiu likes Chinese too that’s why I wanted to learn making it by myself. And Chinese chicken, noodles and shiitake mushrooms are some Chinese recipes and ingredients I’ve already tried to cook and the list remains wide open.
The comfort food I’ve chosen for our today dinner is chicken and vegetable Chinese noodles inspiration which is fast, fresh and very healthy. Would you like to try it? Great then!
What you need
1 package of rice noodles
some chicken breast cut in small cubes
1 medium carrot
1 small celery
1 big onion
3 garlic cloves
1 chilli (or some chilli flakes)
some cabbage (today I used Bruxelles sprout, cause I didn’t have cabbage, but shhhhh don’t tell anyone)
1 table spoon of sesame oil
1 spoon of vegetable oil
soy sauce (I like it from Heinz cause is sweeter)
salt & pepper
rice vinegar (or any vinegar you have at home)
How to do it:
1. Put water in a pan and bring it to boil, then add the rice noodles and let them boil no more than 3 minutes.
2. Take them out from the water and let them rest aside
3. Cut all the vegetables julienne
4. Put the chicken in a bowl and add the salt, pepper, about a spoon of soy sauce and sesame oil and let it rest a little, until you cut the vegetables
5. Put a wok or a deep frying pan on fire and let it heat on fast fire
6. Add the chicken in the pan and stir it till is cooked. Add more oil if necessary
7. Take the chicken out from the pan and add all the vegetables. Stir well for about 3-4 minutes.
8. Make some space in the pan and add the egg near the vegetables, then stir until is cooked.
9. Put the chicken and noodles near the vegetables all together, then add the chilli flakes, soy sauce, vinegar and salt on your taste.
Yeah,, I know it sounds complicated, but believe me, it’s not and you’d have your dinner done and some happy tummies in 30 minutes, so try it.